Prayer at St Mary’s
"Our prayer life is the 'engine room' of the church. Through prayer we maintain an open relationship with Jesus who directs and guides us in our daily living. Through prayer, our Father in heaven hears our intercession on behalf of the world we live in. Through prayer the Holy Spirit equips us with the spiritual gifts we need to live as Christ's people." - Don Smith
Among St Mary’s people, prayer takes place in many ways in many places. Below are some of the prayer activities that we are currently involved in.
- Daily prayer topics can be found in the church directory.
St Mary’s Corporate Prayer:
- Monday to Friday 9.00-9.30am in the Lounge.
- Monthly on the third Monday at 7.30pm in rooms 3/4, we meet to pray for God's blessing on St Mary's church family and ministry, as well as current topical situations, national and international.
- On the second Wednesday of each month, at 10am in room 2 there is a missionary prayer meeting.
Other prayer meetings of particular interest include:
- Frinton Mission prayer breakfast: First Saturday of each month, 8.30am in rooms 3/4 - for further info. contact Cate Wilby on 671791.
- Prayer for Israel - for further info. contact Pam Rolph on 674982.
- Crosslinks prayer - for further info. contact Tricia Hamilton on 676376.
- Celtic/contemplative prayer - for further info. contact Nicky on 07967 535177.
- Pray for Nathan Edgell and Alex Bryant, serving God with YWAM in Australia, on the second Saturday of each month, 9.30am in the Church Lounge - for further info, contact Tricia Hamilton on 676376.
- Requests can be placed in the box at reception.
- There is a confidential prayer chain for crisis situations,
contact Andrew and Jenny Rose 677238
- The prayer corner at St Mary’s is open for private prayer Monday to Friday, 9.30am-12pm.
- The Old Church is open for private prayer daily.
- There is an opportunity for prayer ministry at the end of the 11am service.
- For prayer outside of this time, speak to Peter Wood on 677075.