A radically different kind of church rooted in prayer and serving others
The Church leadership met yesterday as a group via video link and we are in constant communication with each other daily to decide how best we can serve you and
the wider community. We will meet every Monday at 10am to continue
the life of the church and discuss the possible ways forward.
We discussed the following:
- Bringing virtual and telephone conferencing calls to all Homegroups to allow a weekly meeting to continue learning the Bible, group prayer and most importantly some form of group activity amongst church members from the safety of your own home. This will be provided by Zoom - free for up to 40 minutes.
- We have decided that ALL events, activities and buildings remain postponed or closed until at least 3rd May. I’m sure this is no surprise to any of you.
- Every Tuesday you will receive an email/statement from the church letting you know we are still functioning and sharing any news we have.
- The notice sheet will continue to be sent via email and posted on the website however this will be on Saturdays not Sundays to allow you to read how to access the Sunday sermon and plan how you will watch it.
- Pastoral care support- Sadly, we remain unable to make pastoral visits.
- The Old Church has also reluctantly been closed with immediate effect. This is due to guidelines we are required to comply with re. Coronavirus.
To receive an emailed notice sheet
please email email@example.com and ask to be added to the list.
- The church and office remain closed to the general public and church members from now. The phone, however, will continue as a means of communication, as will the website and emails. The church is trying to answer the phone and emails throughout the day and not just office hours.
Even if you are a key-holder, please DO NOT come into the church for any reason.
- The telephone helpline is up and running and is well-staffed currently. However do contact Andrew Openshaw on firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. You must have access to email to be a volunteer for this project due to sharing of information without personal contact.
- Each Sunday at St Mary’s, we will make a service video and release it at 10.30am. You will be able to watch it via Facebook or website and it can be watched later if you miss the release. There are also very many previously recorded sermons available on our website (link).
- Meanwhile, we would not want you to miss out on giving to the work of the church! The work will continue although it will look very different for a while. Please maintain your giving by Standing Order or Bank Transfer. Thank you again to all whose giving will continue as normal, through the Parish Giving Scheme. Any remaining envelope-givers, please put yours through the Lounge letterbox, if you are able.
We look forward to worshipping back together again, when the current health crisis is over.
In the meantime, do keep in touch with each other, and keep open to God,
through reading his Word, the Bible, and talking to him in prayer.
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble.
Therefore, we will not fear… Psalm 46
Don Smith - Rector
David Kidney and Peter Wood - Church Wardens
24 March 2020
Zoom video calling: Dominic Gardner