Admin Assistant - Job Description
St Mary’s Parish Church is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare
of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The post holder will also be required
to undertake training toward a full knowledge of safeguarding best practice.
Places of Work:
St Mary’s Parish Church, Old Road, Frinton on Sea, Essex, CO13 9BX,
Parochial Church Council (PCC) of the Ecclesiastical Parish of Frinton,
Applicants with Disabilities:
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Welcome occasional visitors, respond to questions, and assist them with any enquiries
- Answer phone calls to the Church Office
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive and sort mail and other deliveries
- Create, update, and help distribute church event calendars and schedule meetings
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, transcribing, and responding to emails
- Creation and distribution of the weekly Notice Sheet
- Arrange Life Event services (funerals, weddings, baptisms, etc.) and maintain all church records
- Ensure tasks are completed and the office is open in the Operations Manager’s absence
- Liaise regularly (at least on a weekly basis) with the Operations Manager (and Church Officers when necessary) to identify work commitments and prioritise workload accordingly
- Act as a P.A. to the Rector and Operations Manager
This is not an exhaustive list, and, in time, you will be asked to perform other roles and tasks relating to the work of the Church.
Experience, skills, and
We are looking for the right person, not simply the right CV. If you’re creative and energetic we want to hear from you, even if you don’t feel you tick all the boxes below.
We are looking for an efficient and confident Admin Assistant with good administrative experience, committed to the Church’s Christian values and aims. You will be a conscientious organiser and a wise and sensitive communicator.
You will bring a can-do attitude and the ability to work well with others, and we are looking for ...
- Sympathy with and understanding of the Christian values of St Mary’s Parish Church
- Minimum grade 9 - 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English
- Ability to convey information clearly and effectively to parishioners and visitors
- Demonstrate patience and understanding when dealing with confused, grieving, or difficult visitors to the office
- Be friendly and courteous and work well with a wide range of different personalities
- Possess good IT skills and a knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Exhibit strong organisational skills
- Pay close attention to detail
- Be capable of efficiently multi-tasking on a regular basis
- Have the ability to think creatively, for purposes of our social media and other widely distributed church materials, such as posters and notice sheets.
To apply for this role,
please send a copy of your CV
and a completed Application Form (see below)
to Dominic Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Form (PDF) & Application Form (WORD)
The application deadline is midnight on 9th April 2023.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 17th April 2023
and will take place at St Mary’s Parish Church, Old Rd, Frinton on Sea, Essex, CO13 9BX.
For informal enquiries about the role,
please contact our Church Office - email@example.com
Statement of the PCC’s commitment to ensuring
the safety and wellbeing of children, young people, and vulnerable adults
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
Follow this link to our Safeguarding Policy and our Safer Recruitment Policy.