WATER ~ essential or optional?
FOOD ~ essential or optional?
PRAYER ~ essential or optional?
As well as our daily times of individual prayer it is good to pray together as God’s family. The times listed below are occasions for us to meet for prayer with others.
Just as we might sometimes eat alone, or with our immediate family, at others we join with friends or a larger family gathering to eat and to enjoy time together. It is good to meet together with our Christian brothers and sisters to share our concerns and our joys.
Regular prayer opportunities include:
- Morning Prayer: Monday to Friday 9-9.30am in Rm 2.
- Monthly Prayer Meeting: third Mondays of each month, at 7.30pm in Rooms 3/4, we meet to pray for God's blessing on St Mary's church family and ministry, as well as current topical situations, national and international.
- Missionary Prayer Meeting: second Wednesdays of each month, at 10am in room 2 there is a missionary prayer meeting.
- Frinton Mission prayer breakfast: first Saturdays of each month, 8.30am in rooms 3/4 - for further info contact Cate Wilby on 671791.
- Celtic/contemplative prayer: for further information, contact the church office.
- Prayer for Nathan Edgell, Alex Bryant and his sister Jessica, all serving God with YWAM in Australia, on second Saturdays of each month, 9.30am in the Church Lounge - for further information, contact Tricia Hamilton on 676376.
- Requests can be placed in the box at reception.
- The Prayer Chain is now organised by Pam Hanson-Abbott (07791 635733).
Such requests should broadly be of an urgent and/or confidential nature.
- St Mary’s prayer corner is open for private prayer Monday to Friday, 9.30am-12pm.
- The Old Church is open for private prayer daily.
- There is an opportunity for prayer ministry at the end of the 11am service.
- For prayer outside of this time, speak to Peter Wood on 677075.